Experts find that radiation exposure could be reduced by maxing shielding.The density of a material is related to its radiation protection ability. Higher density means better stopping and absorbing radiation ray . Due to a higher density than most other materials, tungsten radiation shielding has a much higher ability of absorbing and stopping almost rays than others metals such as the traditional radiation shielding – lead. Tungsten radiation shielding greater linear attenuation of gamma radiations means that less is required for equal shielding. Alternatively equal amounts of tungsten shielding provide diminished exposure risks than equivalent lead.
Tungsten heavy alloy is the right material for radiation protection, as its combination of radiographic density (more than 60% denser than lead), machinability, good corrosion resistance, high radiation absorption (superior to lead and steel), simplified life cycle and high strength. Tungsten radiation shielding can provide the same degree of protection as lead whilst significantly reducing the overall volume and thickness of shields and containers. Besides, compared with lead or depleted uranium (DU),tungsten radiation shielding is more friendship for the environments both lead and DU for it is no any toxic.
Guangxi Chentian Metal Product Co. Ltd. have been manufacturing and offering tungsten related products for more than 20 years, and we have been able to manufacture, export and supply an optimum quality of tungsten alloy radiation shielding. Tungsten radiation shielding in different sizes and specifications according to the need of our esteemed clients are available for us to supply. Our tungsten radiation shielding products are widely used in PET rooms, linear accelerators, HDR rooms, gamma knife, and nuclear power plants.
Key Features of Tungsten Alloy Radiation Shielding :
- tungsten alloy radiation shield is capable for radiation exposure that could be reduced by maxing shielding.
- tungsten alloy radiation shield is having higher density therefore it has better stopping power and shielding capability
- Equal amounts of tungsten alloy radiation shield provides reduced risks rather than equivalent lead shielding
- tungsten alloy radiation shield is having radiographic density that is 60 % more denser than lead
- tungsten alloy radiation is having high level of machineability and this is good corrosion resistance
- tungsten alloy radiation shield is importantly reducing thickness of containers and shields Contact us today at http://www.heavytungstenalloy.com or call us on +8613215340999